This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing icons after upgrade to KDE 4.3 RC1

I upgraded to KDE 4.3 RC1 per http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2.95 but after the upgrade I am missing a lot of icons. The KDE start menu button is missing, trash can icon, about half of the items in my system tray, all icons in system settings, and just about every application icon. The only icons that appear to be showing up are the ones that install with their own icons (e.g. Skype). I'm also missing icons from the Plasma desktop widget configure bars that allow me to resize/configure/remove/etc widgets.

I tried changing the icon set in system settings and that had no effect, even after rebooting. Any suggestions for fixing this??
    JamieWilson.net

Re: Missing icons after upgrade to KDE 4.3 RC1

I had to do a:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    after upgrading...this finished installing a bunch more packages. worth a try.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

What version did you upgrade from?

Comment

Originally posted by muzicman0
        I had to do a:
        Code:
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        after upgrading...this finished installing a bunch more packages. worth a try.
        Yeah, that was the first thing I tried but it didn't work.

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
        What version did you upgrade from?
        I think I was using 4.3 beta. If not, definitely 4.2.
        JamieWilson.net

Comment

Fixed. I reinstalled most of the KDE packages and one that looked like it might be important but wasn't installed. Rebooted. Problem resolved.
          JamieWilson.net

Comment

Working...
          X