This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4.3?

Anyone know if KDE4.3 ( when its ready end of july i think ) will be an update in 9.04 or will we have to wait for 9.10?
    Last time i updated KDE myself ( adding a repo ) as opposed to waiting to adept to offer it to me in the standard repos it did not go so well.
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: KDE4.3?

I haven't heard anything official, but judging from the past experiences, I would expect this to be packaged in a ppa in launchpad for us, upgrade freaks to enjoy

Comment

ya thats what i was thinking, my last experience with a ppa update like that was not a good one, but i do like to try new things
      Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Originally posted by natman2007
        ya thats what i was thinking, my last experience with a ppa update like that was not a good one, but i do like to try new things

True, it's hard enough to release something clean and stable for a regular release, despite all the testing. These builds OTOH go mostly untested. If I were a rational dude I would wait for the 9.10 Kubuntu release, also because .0 releases are always a bit more buggy. But hey!

Comment

Originally posted by natman2007
          Anyone know if KDE4.3 ( when its ready end of july i think ) will be an update in 9.04 or will we have to wait for 9.10?
          Last time i updated KDE myself ( adding a repo ) as opposed to waiting to adept to offer it to me in the standard repos it did not go so well.
          KDE 4.3 beta 2 is working very well now.

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2.90

Comment

cool well come end of july its KDE4.3 on the desktop ( not primary computer ) laptop will come out to play october-ish ( karmic 9.10! )

Comment

right , and, actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4.3.1 one month later, if i can be patient I'll wait for that one

Comment

Hi,

does anyone know if the kubuntu-ppa team is going to backport RC1 or the final 4.3 for Jaunty, too?

Is the repository address the same? (http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu)

Comment

Originally posted by KuniVer
                  Hi,

does anyone know if the kubuntu-ppa team is going to backport RC1 or the final 4.3 for Jaunty, too?

Is the repository address the same? (http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu)
                  It already is. 4.2.95 = 4.3 RC1. Using it now.

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone using 4.3 RC1 on Jaunty please let us know what it like compared to 4.2.4, is it stable enough for everyday use?

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nicksanders
                      Hi,

Can anyone using 4.3 RC1 on Jaunty please let us know what it like compared to 4.2.4, is it stable enough for everyday use?

Thanks

Nick
                      It is virtually rock solid apart from Plasma being a little temperamental on occasion, but it then rights itself without intervention.

Comment

Guys, is it any faster than 4.2.*? My eeepc 701 is taking 30 seconds to boot to X, and 55 (FIFTY FIVE) extra seconds to autologin to a working KDE4 desktop. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I tried it on my test laptop and the only real problem I had was that Thunderbird would not start.
                          I deleted the .mozilla-thunderbird folder from my home directory and it restarted fine (although I obviously had to set it up again). Other than that it seems to be working great - I might now update my main PC.

Comment

...Can anyone using 4.3 RC1 on Jaunty please let us know what it like compared to 4.2.4, is it stable enough for everyday use?...
                            The beta worked fine for me, but teh RC is currently crashing plasma quite often... hopefully new packages will be available shortly.

Comment

KDE 4.3 RC1, rock solid here. No issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X