This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail dictionary madness

I have been having a problem with the kmail dictionary ever since I upgraded to 9.04. Although all other programs that use automatic spell check (firefox, open office, kopete, ...) seem to use the same dictionary, the kmail dictionary is on crazy pills. While it recognizes most words (thus indicating that it is referencing something), there are some very common words it is conspicuously missing. For example, from this posting thus far it does not recognize: upgraded, programs, recognizes, words, indicating, missing, and conspicuously.

Is there a way to fix this in the kmail dictionary, or point it towards the dictionary that everything else is using? I tried to do it by just changing the dictionary is korganizer, but it removes the check-as-you-type feature.

Thanks

Re: kmail dictionary madness

I think kmail uses aspell, not sure about the others. So you could just try and purge followed by a reinstall. Make also sure that no remnants are left in ~.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: kmail dictionary madness

thanks for the idea but it didn't seem to have any impact. I assumed that firefox, etc. also used aspell, which is what made it so strange. Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X