This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high cpu whenever i move the mouse

I'm having trouble with kubuntu going unbearably slow, no matter how little I'm doing. I do notice that the CPU usage is stable (usually between 25 and 50%) if I'm not moving the mouse - basically, if I'm just staring at the screen, but when I wiggle the mouse a bit, it rockets up to almost 100%. I'm on a dell laptop, and while I already rolled back the drivers for the onboard graphics (that was another problem, and speed did improve after that), it's still going terribly slow. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? I've been searching - here and on google - and haven't found anything that might be of help yet.

Re: high cpu whenever i move the mouse

You can run "top" on a terminal and monitor if there is a process taking over, could you report that? There is also a Graphical program to monitor processes, I can't remember the name, it's installed by default I think ...

Comment

Ctrl+Esc is the graphical version, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by gaiusvalerius
        I'm having trouble with kubuntu going unbearably slow, no matter how little I'm doing. I do notice that the CPU usage is stable (usually between 25 and 50%) if I'm not moving the mouse - basically, if I'm just staring at the screen, but when I wiggle the mouse a bit, it rockets up to almost 100%. I'm on a dell laptop, and while I already rolled back the drivers for the onboard graphics (that was another problem, and speed did improve after that), it's still going terribly slow. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? I've been searching - here and on google - and haven't found anything that might be of help yet.
        bro, u may solve this by giving the forum members more info abt yr machine.

1. execute 'sudo hwinfo --short' and post results here.
        2. what kind of mouse do u have? anything exotic or just a plain 2button+1 scrollwheel usb mouse?

Comment

Working...
        X