X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rkward and gnu r

hi guys,

after upgrading from kubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 the rkward software seems to be messed up. the Menus would be mixed up somehow and the documentation window of the programm contains the message: "Page does not exist or is broken".

when starting rkward i get the following error messages (in the konsole):

rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_show_workspace" "Show/Hide Workspace Browser" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_show_filebrowser" "Show/Hide Filesystem Browser" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_show_commandlog" "Show/Hide CommandLog" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_show_pendingjobs" "Show/Hide Pending Jobs" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_show_console" "Show/Hide Console" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_show_helpsearch" "Show/Hide R Help Search" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    rkward(7118): Shortcut for KAction "window_activate_docview" "Activate Document view" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

How can I fix this?

Regards, igor

Re: rkward and gnu r

have you tried re-installing it? This package is in the Universe repository, so the level of support is less than for other "official" packages. If you can't fix it you may want to report this in Launchpad, and in the meantime compile it from source to get it running I guess if you really need it

Comment

I've tried the basic reinstallation. I believe to problems have something to do with the new KDE Release. Maybe rkward is not linked to the proper KDE libs.

Comment

Yep, it feels like this, that's why I thought it's probably better to recompile it from source. You'll need to install a few -dev packages for sure ...

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
          Yep, it feels like this, that's why I thought it's probably better to recompile it from source. You'll need to install a few -dev packages for sure ...
          There was even an easier work around for this. After asking the same question (see [url]http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3314211&forum_id=165574[/url)]at the rkward help forum, they suggested, that I use one of their inofficial repositories by adding

Code:
          deb [url]http://reaktanz.de/deb/rkward[/url] jaunty main
          into a newly generated file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rkward.list

Comment

Awesome! Could you please mark the original post here as [SOLVED] to help others? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X