This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPackageKit uses gksudo

I'm not sure what happened, but KPackageKit is now using what appears to be gksudo. I've attached a screenshot. Everything still works, it just looks horribly ugly. Any idea what happened and how to fix it?
    Attached Files

Re: KPackageKit uses gksudo

Is that due to PolicyKit integration and not really a *sudo prompt at all

Comment

Ah. You're right. It's running policykit-gnome. Now how do I fix it? I tried uninstalling policykit-gnome hoping policykit-kde will be run, but it just says I don't have permission...

Comment

Got it! I needed to remove policykit-gnome AND libpolkit-gnome0. Then the correct dialog is used again. I installed some gtk app and it was installed with it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

This helps for kde apps but with gtk apps i.e. in Firefox, if you have a bookmark file on another drive and you try to mount that drive, you get the following error: Failed to execute child process "gnome-mount" (No such file or directory). Reinstalling gnome-mount requires policykit-gnome and you're back to square one.
          Ubuntu 11.04, Kubuntu 11.04, and another TBD

Comment

I wonder why policykit-gnome supersedes the kde version in kde apps.

Comment

Working...
            X