This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound ...

Well I have a major problem with the sound. I can hear music from the amarok. And I can hear also the sound from movies played by amarok.. (only sound, no video) But while watching a video on youtube or on smplayer I hane no sound. I thought to uninstall pulseaudio but after checking for removal all the packets that adept returned after searching for pulseaudio, a lot more packages were set for removal so I canceled this idea.

What else can I do ?

Re: No sound ...

Mmm. I thought I removed PulseAudio with no problems, I will check again tonight. Did you check in System Settings -> Multimedia? Move Pulse Audio to the bottom for everything, this _might_ help . But I am not sure, because Amarok uses KDE sound system and it looks like Firefox is not. Worth the shot though

Comment

Also, maybe run kmix and check the volumes ...

Comment

Volumes in kmix, were all set properly, and I had found the multimedia section and pulseaudio was always in the bottom. Anyway this particular moment I face problem with the partition table (can't boot any OS) so I see myself formating things and setting them from the beggining.

Thanx for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
          Did you check in System Settings -> Multimedia? Move Pulse Audio to the bottom for everything, this _might_ help .
          My sound disappeared between boots a few days ago; the speaker icon is slashed out, and it doesn't show muted in the mixer.

I can't find a "System Settings -> Multimedia", though. It disappeared under the KDE3 remix, and remains gone (and slashed) on a complete reinstall of the remix, and on a fresh install of regular juanty.

Could something like this be my problem?
          Noone else may have these opinions without paying my retainer

Comment

Hi dochawk.

Firstly in KDE3 there is no system settings && multimedia section. This is about kde4. I don't thing so that your problem is relative with mine. You said your speaker icon is slashed out. That means that it can't connect ?? handle ?? your sound card.

Unfortunately since I don't have kde3 i can't help you much in the Interface section. Reinstallation of the remix won't do many things since this is something like hardware handling.

Comment

Originally posted by abominable

Firstly in KDE3 there is no system settings && multimedia section. This is about kde4. I don't thing so that your problem is relative with mine.
              OK.

You said your speaker icon is slashed out. That means that it can't connect ?? handle ?? your sound card.
              It's known that it *can* handle it, as it handled it for several weeks It stopped over a single boot.

I think I heard a window chirp a few minutes ago, but the sound is slashed out again.

I also wonder if the sound problem is related to the spiked load (constant load of at least 1.0, with 99% cycles reported free in top).

Unfortunately since I don't have kde3 i can't help you much in the Interface section. Reinstallation of the remix won't do many things since this is something like hardware handling.
              I'm wondering if it might have upgraded the kernel to one with slightly different options? (When I used to track kernels more regularly, I don't think I ever saw two subreleases in a row with the same default options!)

hawk
              Noone else may have these opinions without paying my retainer

Comment

Working...
              X