This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<SOLVED> Somebody is wrong about my disk space

I am starting to have difficulties with my OS because the root directory is getting full. But, filelight says it ain't.
    df -h says that it is 96% full. Filelight (or other methods) say that it is only about 30% full.

I installed Jaunty a couple of weeks ago, and it has been nothing but problems. This is just the latest.

I partitioned 100GB for my /home directory; 15GB for my root, and the remaining 125GB for an encrypted
    drive. Now, #df -h gives me the 96% full message. But I cannot find any such hog on my system.

Who is right? Where is the missing space?

I don't know if it is relevant, but I had to modify /etc/fstab to get more space in tmpfs:

tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

I'd love to post more information, but my linux box now has difficulty logging into my
    wireless router (among other problems) because it thinks the disk is full. Relevant?
    Emptying the Trash folder throws no errors.

'Bout ready to give up on linux.

Re: Somebody is wrong about my disk space

#16 on the FAQs in my signature.

(if you haven't already given up ..... ).

Comment

Re: &lt;SOLVED&gt; Somebody is wrong about my disk space

That worked! Similar attempts did not show the file, which was in ./backup.
      I think that I had not mounted an encrypted drive where things are daily backed
      up by sbackup. So, sbackup just created this directory and backed up to there.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X