This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botched upgrade to Launchpad's backports PPA

My upgrade to Launchpad's backports PPA has been botched... I got some package conflicts between kdeplasma-addons-data and the rest of the bunch. After a lot of tweaking I finally got my package manager into a stable state (the only thing not installed is kdeplasma-addons-data, which by the looks of it seems not to be on par with the rest of the installed packages in terms of versions).

Now when I login to KDE I'm greeted by my plasmoids, but without desktop interaction at all. A gray background is all there is, and the plasmoids behave strangely, too (especially the panels). I've tried deleting all the plasma-related rc's from the ~/.kde/share/config folder but no such luck--my plasmoids and my whole plasma configuration stay there just as they were before, unfettered. Not even dpkg-reconfigure managed to bring it to a default configuration.

I'm now upgrading to the experimental branch, seeing as if I've got to reinstall, I'd better try all the way first. Did anyone get any successful experience with these PPAs?

Thanks!

Re: Botched upgrade to Launchpad's backports PPA

As far as package 'kdeplasma-addons-data' goes, that package has been superseded by other plasma packages in KDE 4.3 (look for plasma-* packages, for example plasma-dataengines*, plasma-runner* etc.), installing those packages should remove the obsoleted kdeplasma-addons-data.

If, after you've got all plasma packages installed/upgraded, you still can't clear your old plasma configuration, try stopping/killing plasma before you delete the config files.

Comment

Working...
    X