This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tremulous/Nexuiz display incorrectly

I used apt get to install some games, but when I started the games up they display as a small window anchored to the right side of a full black screen.
    if I go into the display settings and increase the res it stays off to the side of the screen it just becomes even more messed up.

I have a dual monitor setup. 1 Acer 24" wide 1920x1200 main display and a Viewsonic 19" standard 1280x1024

processor AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0GHz

Video Card NVidia GeForce 9800 GT
    &quot;Your doctrines are grandiose but useless, that is why no one accepts them.&quot; Hui Tzu<br />____________ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <br />AMD Phenom II x4 940 Denab 3.708Ghz Black Edition<br />XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 710MHz<br />G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2<br />Kubuntu 9.10....&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ....oh and w7 for games

Re: tremulous/Nexuiz display incorrectly

I suspect your dual-monitor setup is a factor. Try switching to single monitor and see if it makes a difference. I have a single monitor setup with NVIDIA and Nexuiz works OK for me.

Comment

I was hoping it would not be something like that.. it was a bit of a pain to setup, so not really worth it to disable, for a few games. Thanks for reply.
      &quot;Your doctrines are grandiose but useless, that is why no one accepts them.&quot; Hui Tzu<br />____________ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <br />AMD Phenom II x4 940 Denab 3.708Ghz Black Edition<br />XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 710MHz<br />G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2<br />Kubuntu 9.10....&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ....oh and w7 for games

Comment

I have a laptop with NVIDIA that I switch among dual monitor, external only, and internal only. It doesn't have to be painful. The trick is to use the nvidia-settings utility to create three TwinView "MetaModes" for each of the three modes I want and save the configuration to "xorg.conf". Then I use the KRandRTray utility to switch among them. The nice thing about KRandRTray is that it remembers the mode you were in across sessions.

Comment

Thank you.. I was unaware of the KRandR tray utility and I hadn't thought to to create multiple meta modes... This should also solve the issues I had when I attached my television. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X