This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B won't verify written files

Have never seen this before. I have to wonder if it's related to some recent update.

I routinely write off backups I generate with a program I wrote to a CD for offsite storage. I use K3B to do the writeoff, and I always have it verify the write. Never had a hitch with this. As of tonight, after it finished the writeoff, and should then go into the verification stage, it unloads the CD, then just freezes. I attach a screenshot of what I see at that point.

I have three times gotten to this point, then had to cancel the run, and manually eject the CD. The files always are there, and the ones I've looked are fine (they're zipped, so they're easy to look into). They're just not verified.

I have no idea why K3B is no longer working right, much less what to do about it.

I also attach the debug dump which it makes available after I cancel the run - this from my last CD write off.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone has about what I can do about this. I'd sure like to verify my backup write offs.
    Attached Files

Re: K3B won't verify written files

Hi,

That's an awkward one my verify works fine. Try emailing the k3b authors I have in the past and they are very helpful.

Comment

I burned two tonight that said there was an error (xubuntu cd) but the verification on the cd itself didnt find any... no lock-up like yours though.

Comment

I can't say I have had the same problem except I am normally burning media files like avi and just by accident I forgot to uncheck the verify data box. I just stopped the verify so I didn't get to the end.

You must be burning iso files? Best thing is contact the authors to see if it's a known problem.

Comment

Working...
        X