This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARK throwing error after update

Here is the error message I get after upgrade....

Failed to locate program 'rar' in PATH.

What's wrong??
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Re: ARK throwing error after update

verey criptick post but eather .rar isent in your path or you dont have .rar instaled !!

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Oh no. I just noticed Konqueror was missing. I went and reinstalled it and then opened it and went to help and about KDE and it says KDE Version 4.2.90 (KDE 4.2.90 (KDE 4.3 Beta2)). This it not good. I didn't want the KDE upgrade just Amarok. Why would they put this in the same repository as Amarok? Especially without telling you it's going to do it? Can this be fixed back to the previous version?
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Why would they put this in the same repository as Amarok? Especially without telling you it's going to do it? Can this be fixed back to the previous version?
        The repository is the > Kubuntu Backports (PPA)
        Backports of new versions of KDE for Kubuntu which are not yet tested enough to go to Ubuntu Backports.

.. yes it would be nice if the http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.1 would have good and complete warnings and instructions...

Going back / downgrading

You are not the first, probably not the last

Maybe this helps, earlier > Topic: downgrading kubuntu intrepid back from kde 4.2 rc1 to kde 4.1.4

...and a bit earlier > Topic: KDE 4.1 -> KDE 4.0 Downgrade
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Try:
          apt-get install rar

that fixes it for me. But it installs the shareware version

Comment

Last night I ran into the same and installed rar.

It used to be that unrar was sufficient for Ark to do the job so you might want to experiment assigning unrar to the rar extension.

Comment

Thank you all for your reply and mcabro that work great.

Comment

Working...
              X