This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Needs To Be Reinstalled After Every Update

So far, I've had to re-install (remove and install) the flashplugin-installer package after every kernel, KDE, firefox, and/or nsplugin update. This is only kinda annoying . Any workarounds?
    # make install --not-war

Re: Flash Needs To Be Reinstalled After Every Update

You can drop the Flash plug-in in the folder "/home/user/.mozilla/plugins/". Download the flash plug-in archive in tar.gz format at adobe website. Do that for each user in your PC.
    If you find a grammar error in my text, is because English is not my native language :-)

Comment

Originally posted by M@GO LoBEL
      You can drop the Flash plug-in in the folder "/home/user/.mozilla/plugins/". Download the flash plug-in archive in tar.gz format at adobe website. Do that for each user in your PC.
      yeah, except I didn't install from adobe's website, I installed using the flashplayer package back in Intrepid, then upgraded to jaunty when it was released.
      # make install --not-war

Comment

On a new installation, I just follow this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

I just dist-upgraded yesterday to the new kernel, and flash player is still working like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl

I just dist-upgraded yesterday to the new kernel, and flash player is still working like a champ.
          ya I dont get it why do some pepole have probs with upgrading and some (like me) dont......eney time I see a upgrade in the updater and install it .....even the distro upgrade to 9.04 from 8.04 nothing get's fubarde not seting's not wirless not flash .....NOTHING ......?......?......

VINNY

OK so I have the medeabuntu repos............ :P
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Ok, Here Is What To Do, Had Same Problem, Just Go To Add/Remove Search For " Flashplugin " Remove It, Then X Out Go And Right-Click Desktop, " Run A Command " Type In " Konsole " The In Konsole Type In " sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras " Say " Y " To The Prompt, It Takes A-Lot Of Space, Like 116 MB, It Also Takes Time, Browser MUST Be closed out, the end, should stop

Comment

Originally posted by dibl

Yes, I did the same, and re-ran through it after upgrading to 9.04.

Yesterday's firefox upgrade didn't hose flash, so I'm hopeful.
              # make install --not-war

Comment

Working...
              X