This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde 4.2.4 Problem(SOLVED)

Yesterday I found out about version 4.2.4 being released. I proceed as in the announcement said, added the repo and full upgrade. Now I have to problems:

First and not so disturbing, every time I log in, I have to "zoom" the plasmoid desktop, because it appears in the middle of nowhere.

Second, and really preoccupying, Xorg and Plasma are both together consume 25% of cpu power of my quad core. According to the monitor in ksysguard, its driving crazy the four cores but in turns.
    Xorg is always consuming around 17% and Plasma around 8%.

Is there something I must configure? or it will be like this?. In the second case, how do I rollback to 4.2.2?

BTW, when I did the full upgrade, the package manager made me remove konqueror O.o, and in the announcement it said it was one of the upgraded ones, I usually use firefox, but it worries me anyway.

Thanks a lot for the attention!

P.D: The problem was solved, 12 hours later, I searched for updates and applied them. I accidentally broke my previous configuration (wallpaper, plasmoids disposition etc) but nothing to important. Thanks for the help

Re: kde 4.2.4 Problem

That's very odd. I've upgraded two different machines to 4.2.4 without any problem. Is this a new installation of Jaunty or an upgrade?

Comment

It is a new installation of Jaunty.

Comment

Apparently, you're not alone. There are other 4.2.4 threads already open in the forum. Perhaps you can find help in one of them.

Comment

Working...
        X