This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerDevil daemon not running and KDED problems

Recently my laptop has been going into hibernation mode when I shut the lid, which defies my powersave settings. In an attempt to find out what is going on, I went into Power Management in the Kubuntu configuration settings and receive an error that says:

The configuration module can not be started, since there seems to be a problem with the PowerDevil Daemon. Read below for more details. PowerDevil seems not to be started. Either you have its service turned off, or there is a problem in D-Bus.
    My next logical step is to go into Service Manager to find out why PowerDevil isn't running. When I get there I receive a "Unable to contact KDED." error. Everything is grayed out and all services show as "not running."

If I try to run KDED from Konsole I get an "Aborted" response. If I run KDED4 from Konsole I am told it is already running.

I'm running KDE 4.3 beta. I've also been plagued by the notorious Ubuntu bug that has a lot of people's desktops freezing up. Since I use the Ext4 filesystem, I'm at risk of serious data loss with each freeze and part of this problem may be a corrupt or damaged file.

Any suggestions?
    JamieWilson.net
Working...
X