This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is my program?(SOLVED)

I installed Seamonkey using the "Package manager", and now I can't find it in the menu. I thought it would be under the "Internet category, but its not. Both synaptic and package manager show it as "installed. ?

Re: Where is my program?

You can try running it with the run dialog. Alt-F2 and type seamonkey.

Comment

This works for me on Hardy:
      • Alt-F2 (brings up the Run dialog)
      • type seamonkey and press enter

Alternatively, open a Konsole and enter the command seamonkey. If any errors occur, copy/paste them into this thread.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Both of these methods bring up the program... Question, how can I add the program to the menus, so that I don't have to do this all the time? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Glad it works for you. Sorry I don't know the KDE4 method. Good luck.
          Welcome newbies!
          Verify the ISO
          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by skyjacker
            Both of these methods bring up the program... Question, how can I add the program to the menus, so that I don't have to do this all the time? Thanks for the help.
            Right click the K on your taskbar and select Menu editor. I believe the command should be "seamonkey %u" (without the quotes) when you select new item in the menu editor.

Comment

Originally posted by growled
              Originally posted by skyjacker
              Right click the K on your taskbar and select Menu editor. I believe the command should be "seamonkey %u" (without the quotes) when you select new item in the menu editor.
              Tried it, didn't work. Any more suggestions?

Comment

What part didn't work?

If the part that didn't work is seamonkey, just click the little folder to the right of command and go to the location of your seamonkey folder. I have no idea right off hand where that might be, but a search in Synaptics would show you the location.

Comment

Click on the K and type seamoneky in the search window. I will probably find a menu item for you. If not open a terminal and run
                  Code:
                  type -p seamonkey
                  and bash will tell you where to find the seamonkey executable, almost certainly /usr/bin/seamonkey. You can then create a menu item if it does not exist. Personally, I think it exists and you just didn't find it yet. When you respond it helps if you give us some information, such as what you did, what did happen and any messages you saw. "It didn't work" is not very informative.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
                    Click on the K and type seamoneky in the search window. I will probably find a menu item for you. If not open a terminal and run
                    Code:
                    type -p seamonkey
                    and bash will tell you where to find the seamonkey executable, almost certainly /usr/bin/seamonkey. You can then create a menu item if it does not exist. Personally, I think it exists and you just didn't find it yet. When you respond it helps if you give us some information, such as what you did, what did happen and any messages you saw. "It didn't work" is not very informative.
                    OK, I did a right click on the "K", and chose menu edit. I chose "New file", and in the internet field entered seamonkey, and the command "/user/bin/seamonkey, which was where bash told me the file was. I then saved, exited, and then looked for seamonkey in the menu under internet. It was not there. What now By the way, thanks for the help.

Comment

Re: Where is my program?(SOLVED)

I don't know. It should have given you an error if it could not write to your ~/.kde directory, but you should probably look at the ownership and permissions on and in that directory/

Comment

Working...
                      X