This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn Music DVD <-- yes, that is DVD

converted my sister over to Ubuntu (sad, yes, not Kubuntu). Anyway, I also installed K3B since I find it a very good tool for CDs and DVDs. However, under the "other" OS she used ROXIO to create music DVDs. She likes the large volume. Couldn't find where K3B could do that. Can it? If not, anyone know if it can be done and with what? Thanks!

Re: Burn Music DVD &lt;-- yes, that is DVD

pleas clarafy when you say musick DVD are you saying a DVD that plays in a cd player?? as in .wav files or a player that reads mp3 and DVD's if the later is true just burn a data dvd in mp3 I do that all the time for playing musick thrugh my DVD player. or for storage

I dident know a DVD would work in a cd player if thats what you mean........

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I can't give much clarification as I don't do that method personally, but I will try and get that info to you as soon as I get that clarification.

Comment

I think the only two possibilities for how your sister used to do it are either 1) she burned MP3 DVDs and played them in compatible DVD players (most likely), or 2) she burned DVD-Audio disks, utilizing the usually-ignored Audio_TS folder on DVDs. Since not all DVD players even support this format, and I highly doubt ROXIO even provides that kind of functionality, it sounds like we're just talking about burning a Data DVD with a bunch of MP3 files at the root.

My Kubuntu is out-of-commission at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there's an option to create a new Data DVD project right at the main screen of the GUI frontend (Edit: GUI frontend of K3B). I hope this helped! =)

Comment

Thank you both. I think that is it. Below is what she says Roxio does. I'll look into it from a Video Disk view point. I believe k3b can do that. Like I said, I never have looked at doing that myself.

It converts it to AC3 and adds a DVD menu structure so that a DVD player sees it as a DVD video disk.

Comment

Working...
          X