This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krusader column problem

I can't stand the way Dolphin takes a single click on a file name as a command to open it (How do you select multiple files to copy, e.g,, without using the ctl key or something?), so I've been using Krusader ever since I switched to Kubuntu 2 years ago.

The current version 2.0.0 has an odd problem with columns. Many of my files have long files names (e.g., Bombopoff Symphony No. 5 in d minor - 1st movement - allegro troppo, fortissimo crescendo), so I try to drag the Name column wider. But it gets stuck at a certain point unless I drag the Size column to the right. My order is Name, Ext, Size, Modified, Permissions. Then, every time I change directory, the Name column has dropped back to zero width and I have to drag again!

Needless to say, this becomes quite boring over time.

Anybody else see something like this? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Krusader column problem

Dolphin behaviour depends on System Settings - Mouse Settings. There you can set doubleclick for actions.
    With Krusader I have the same problem. I use View - Experimental View, which is a bit wider and I try to look at the bottom of the window, where is the whole name of the file. But I don't like it too. When I really need it, I use Dolphin.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
    X