X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help installing digikam

Hi,
    I have a fujifilm camera and was thinking about using digikam ( never used it before any good ? ) anyway when i went to Kpackagekit it tells me "Remove the package libgpod4-nogtk before" as an error. Does anyone know is it safe to remove the package? Should i continue?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: help installing digikam

I think kpackagekit is a work in progress myself, so I don't put too much store in it at the mo.

I would install synaptic if I were you, at least until kpackagekit matures. Either that, or you could simply open a terminal and type sudo apt-get install digikam and then hit return and then your password. I would suggest that any messages you get that way can be relied upon.

Comment

Plus, if you remove the libgpod4 file it should show you the programs that depend on it. If no programs depend on it then it would be safe to remove and install digikam.

Digikam is very good for working with a photo library.

Comment

Well i just did sudo apt-get install and got
        natman@natman-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install digikam
        [sudo] password for natman:
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
        The following extra packages will be installed:
        kipi-plugins libgpod-common libgpod4 libkdcraw7 libksane0 liblensfun-data
        liblensfun0 libsgutils1 sg3-utils
        Suggested packages:
        digikam-doc gallery gimp vorbis-tools
        The following packages will be REMOVED:
        libgpod4-nogtk
        The following NEW packages will be installed:
        digikam kipi-plugins libgpod-common libgpod4 libkdcraw7 libksane0 liblensfun-data
        liblensfun0 libsgutils1 sg3-utils
        0 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
        Need to get 12.4MB of archives.
        After this operation, 48.9MB of additional disk space will be used.
        Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
        Then i did a quick search online for libgpod4-nogtk and got http://packages.ubuntu.com/en/jaunty/libgpod4-nogtk seems to just be an ipod app thing, since i dont have an ipod i guess im fine then?
        Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

I should think so, but look closely at the list as it wants to install libgpod4, whichit would seem is effectively the same application.

Comment

Do a "man ldd" and see how ldd is used to show shared libraries dependencies.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X