X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Amarok-like music player

Hi,

I just switched on to open SUSE from Kubuntu 9.04.
    In that distro I had kDE4 and I was using music player similar to Amarok.

I tried everything and I can't find the name of it in the internet.

Could someone just type in Adept or other software installer "amarok like player" or "music" or "player" and tell me wich one come up with description of amarok-like music player for KDE4 ?

Kubuntu Karmic Koala AMD64bit Acer Aspire 7520

Re: Amarok-like music player

If your now using open SUSE you should look thrue thare packege databace for somthing simaler !!!!

but I'll look hear later and get back.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

If your using Gnome Banshee is a great full featured music app, like Amarok, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by birkopf
        Could someone just type in Adept or other software installer "amarok like player" or "music" or "player" and tell me wich one come up with description of amarok-like music player for KDE4 ?
        Exaile. (And Kamefu, but that's not a music player.)

Comment

openSuse has Amarok as well. Just enable the Packman repository in the community repositories to find a version that is MP3 play enabled. Suse does things sort of weird.

Comment

Might be one of these.
            exaile - flexible audio player, similar to Amarok, but written in GTK+
            minirok - a small music player written in Python and inspired by Amarok

Comment

Have you tried Juk? Doesn't look too bad. Would be similar to Amarok. It's KDE based and doing a google search people are using it under KDE4, maybe worth a shot? Beats me, I keep looking though.

http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/juk.html

Comment

Thank you to all of you. Just saved me hour of downloading whole Kubuntu Installation CD, and lots of trouble... I was looking for Exile Player. (Strangely - It doesn't want to work > on suse 11.1 on kde 3.5... no idea why I am looking for solution )

I will check other as well

Like it was said before - suse does things in a kind of strange way, but I am starting to like it KDE4 is horrible and I seriously disadvise to anyone beginning with linux installing Jaunty. It cries out loud for more stability

Comment

Well you are entitled to your opinion but I'm also entitled to tell you that you are wrong. Jaunty is very near rock solid now and you are trying to extrapolate your specific problems to make sweeping generalisations. By the way, you are also wrong as the music player is called Exaile not Exile!!

Like it was said before - suse does things in a kind of strange way, but I am starting to like it KDE4 is horrible and I seriously disadvise to anyone beginning with linux installing Jaunty. It cries out loud for more stability

Comment

KDE4 is horrible and I seriously disadvise to anyone beginning with linux installing Jaunty. It cries out loud for more stability
                    There seem to be great differences in experience because I have so far found little problems stability wise, even compared to the Intrepid install I also use.
                    The latest KDE4.2 releases are considerably less sluggish than 4.0 and 4.1 and the various applications are reaching similar or better levels of features than exist in KDE3.5.
                    The advantages of KDE4 were slow to show themselves but by now they should be clear.

Comment

I say to say I am very pleased with KDE 4.2.3. It's not only rock solid it has nearly every feature I can think of that I used back in 3.5. Plus, it's nice to look at. If KDE isn't the desktop of the future of Linux I'm going to be very surprised.

Comment

Topic of this conversation is Amarok-like player and problem has been solved = closed. I said already 'thank you' to everyone who helped.
                        It's not place where you can argue about stability of KDE4 versus KDE3.5 so please so do not send any more comments about that - in this topic. If anyone wants to say something more about that - please open new topic in suitable category.

Comment

You are the one that made the claims about KDE4 and its supposed instability in the first place!!

It's not place where you can argue about stability of KDE4 versus KDE3.5 so please so do not send any more comments about that - in this topic.

Comment

Re: [solved] Amarok-like music player

Topic of this conversation is Amarok-like player and problem has been solved = closed. I said already 'thank you' to everyone who helped.
                            It's not place where you can argue about stability of KDE4 versus KDE3.5 so please so do not send any more comments about that - in this topic. If anyone wants to say something more about that - please open new topic in suitable category.
                            Agreed
                            let's stop before we get in to deep folks!

Comment

Re: [solved] Amarok-like music player

I was going to try installing EXAIL, it is supposed to be good. I tried to install it on my ubuntu 8.10 but it would not work.

I also have kubuntu 9.04/kde 4.2 running as a guest on a XP host and I would like to install Exail.

Do you use PulseAudio?
                              What was your problem and what did you do to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                              X