X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu One (Canonical's 'Dropbox')

https://ubuntuone.com/

I guess it is a real Canonical service? Yep... it's real.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client

Not a good sign for kubuntu:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/369230

Re: Ubuntu One (Canonical's 'Dropbox')

Nice one!

Thank you for letting me know. Indeed a nice idea, but I'm on ArchLinux and it looks like I'm going to stay. I put Kubuntu on virtualbox to keep tabs along with debian, sidux and opensuse - just so that I have a rough idea what is going on.

That is a really cool service though!
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Awesome service. I may get the 10 GB version just to support Canonical, even though I don't need the space.

iPhone integration would be stellar, as well. But Apple will probably nix that.

Comment

I just got the invitation today - shame I'm not running kubuntu anymore as I'd like to test it...
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Just got mine yesterday... I'm a little stuck on the installation right now (who has ever added a repo via a .deb before?). Had to install a bunch of gnome dependencies :P

Still not working...

Comment

I requested an invitation.

Comment

Oh great. Another freaking "cloud".
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by toad
                Indeed a nice idea, but I'm on ArchLinux and it looks like I'm going to stay.
                Wow, could you please post your experience with ArchLinux somewhere in the forum and sent me PM so I can read it? Thanks a bunch, I hope we still get your help in the forums, you've always been extremely helpful!

Comment

Hi lmilano,

thanks for your kind words Check this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100413.0 which got me into it. Plus I just posted the experiences I made over the last 7 or so months

Comment

Well, finally got around to finishing this install... seems much slower than dropbox, but heck, it was my first file... and it's beta.

Weird though... it created a ~/Ubuntu One/ directory that is "locked", i.e. I don't have full permissions on that directory, only the ones contained within... now I suppose that is needed since it needs to be there for the sync, etc., but what has me baffled is that nautilus shows this as a folder with a lock on it, but dolphin shows a normal folder icon... what the heck?

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                      but what has me baffled is that nautilus shows this as a folder with a lock on it, but dolphin shows a normal folder icon... what the heck?
                      They are definitely doing this for Vanilla Ubuntu (which pissed some people off here)

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
                        Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                        but what has me baffled is that nautilus shows this as a folder with a lock on it, but dolphin shows a normal folder icon... what the heck?
                        They are definitely doing this for Vanilla Ubuntu (which pissed some people off here)
                        Well sure, but that has nothing to do with the lock. Any directory that you don't have full access should show a lock.

Comment

Working...
                        X