This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taskbar Color [SOLVED]

How do I change the taskbar color from the default color? I want to make it black without any gradient.

Running Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty (64 bit) KDE 4.2.3 Linux 2.6.28-11 with all upgrades.
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: Taskbar Color

There's a little theme manager that'll affect the look of plasma widgets - - right-click on the desktop and choose "Appearance Settings". Still can't say I see a way to directly manipulate the colour scheme...?

Comment

You will need an image file with a black background. Then go to System Settings/Advanced/Desktop Theme Details. Replace the Oxygen theme background image with your black background image.
      linux &amp;&amp; bash = &quot;the future&quot;

Comment

Wow, looks like I never noticed the "File..." option.

Comment

I just install a new theme, takes a few seconds and its all done. "Elegance" is a great one with the black panel-bar.

Comment

Originally posted by GeistDev
            I just install a new theme, takes a few seconds and its all done. "Elegance" is a great one with the black panel-bar.
            I was unable to find it using search in themes under system settings. Appreciate providing link to it - thanks!
            The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

Originally posted by abalone
              right-click on the desktop and choose "Appearance Settings".
              Then click "New Theme...". Source: KDE-Look.org Plasma Themes. Order by: (Whatever. Elegance is always there)

Or, for more control:

Originally posted by ukchucktown
              Then go to System Settings/Advanced/Desktop Theme Details.
              Then click "Get New Theme..."

Comment

Thanks, found "Elegance". Can't imagine how I missed it. Does exactly what I needed.

Comment

Working...
                X