This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klipper hogs CPU

I noticed that Firefox had started running very slowly so I looked at the system activity. It seems that Klipper is responsible for anything up to 70% of CPU activity, killing the process seems to do the trick. Has anybody else noticed this strange behaviour?

Re: Klipper hogs CPU

I have a screenshot but I can't work out how to post it, what do I need to do?

Comment

You can use www.omploader.org - upload your image to omploader and you will be given a url which you can copy and paste into your post. We will see a thumbnail of your image. If clicked, we are taken to the full resolution version.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

OK thanks.

http://omploader.org/vMW5qdw

Originally posted by toad
        You can use www.omploader.org - upload your image to omploader and you will be given a url which you can copy and paste into your post. We will see a thumbnail of your image. If clicked, we are taken to the full resolution version.

Comment

That is not quite the link I was after. I meant the long one at the bottom... But never mind - thanks for posting the piccie

BTW, you could have typed top or even better htop and then just copy and paste the output.

As for klipper itself, I have no idea, sorry.
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I was hoping that others would at least confirm that I'm not the only one seeing this, an explanation would be the icing on the cake.

I could have just posted the output from top, as you say, but I wanted to know how to post a picture on this forum, it doesn't have any upload facility like some others.

That is not quite the link I was after. I meant the long one at the bottom... But never mind - thanks for posting the piccie

BTW, you could have typed top or even better htop and then just copy and paste the output.

As for klipper itself, I have no idea, sorry.

Comment

So can I assume that nobody has seen this problem?

Comment

Well, does it persist? Are you an ardent fan of klipper? If not, I suggest you purge it followed by an update to the local database and a locate to get rid of any possible remnants (prolly in your home directory). If you really do want it, try installing it again...

Comment

I was mostly interested as to whether others were experiencing the same thing. If you try to remove Klipper using Adept it wants to remove kubuntu-desktop as well, which is definitely not a good idea. I have to kill it every time I login which is not great problem but I'd rather not.

Well, does it persist? Are you an ardent fan of klipper? If not, I suggest you purge it followed by an update to the local database and a locate to get rid of any possible remnants (prolly in your home directory). If you really do want it, try installing it again...

Comment

Yep just noticed it today 9/13/2009. Humm only after installing qt-creator 4.5.2 The strange thing I can't find Klipper as an icon app any where.

* Sager NP8120&nbsp; w/ Kubuntu 10.10 vm-ware (VMPlanet)<br />*&nbsp; Sager NP5790&nbsp; Kubuntu 10.10 <br />* Gateway Solo&nbsp; 1100 (rip) KDE 1.1.2

Comment

FYI .. This is working for me 9/14/2009 (Jaunty Kubbuntu}. I notice there is a klipperrc listed in
                      /usr/share/kde4/config and .kde/config { local dir } the klipperrc local config contains this [General]
                      URLGrabberEnabled=false, but the general system config contains international lanaguage support. After removing all non_en listings the cpu was still high, after restarting pc. So since I didn't have klipper install I moved the klipperrc file to a back_up area, before removing the klipperrc file from the general system area (aka /usr/share/kde4/config/)

It work my due cpu is running at 9% instead of 50% at login.
                      PS
                      Back-up and Back-up and Back-up again.

Good luck.
                      * Sager NP8120&nbsp; w/ Kubuntu 10.10 vm-ware (VMPlanet)<br />*&nbsp; Sager NP5790&nbsp; Kubuntu 10.10 <br />* Gateway Solo&nbsp; 1100 (rip) KDE 1.1.2

Comment

Working...
                      X