This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with all kind of sound !!!

I got strange problem I dont have sound when I watch movies (except I use Dragon player) or VLC player only amarok and Dragon player got sound Youtube no sound ....

Please tell me how to fix it (((

Re: Problem with all kind of sound !!!

One thing you can try is going to your system settings (should be in the k menu or just alt+f2 and type systemsettings and hit enter)>Multimedia. On that screen you can change the different Audio Output options. I had problems with sound in Amarok and I found if I click on Music and put PulseAudio at the top of the list (using the Prefer button with the up arrow) that sound worked in amarok again. Not sure if a reboot or logout/login was necessary or not though. Make sure you do the same for the Video entry too and see if that clears things up.

On a side note, if PulseAudio is already at the top, try moving something else up. Unless of course anyone else has any better ideas?

Comment

Try maybe updating the flash player on your system to the current one from adobe. Could depend also on the browser you are using on your system.

Comment

hey, i had a similar problem and i found a simple stupid solution for it.

in kmixer the PCM sound volume is 0 by default. try to increase it and check if it works. find out which is PCM in it, as the icon for it is different

i was also looking for a solution for this. i didnt think that pulseaudio uses PCM. it seems the dragon player and amarok doesnt use PCM.

Comment

I had a similar problem and the culprit was pulseaudio. Somewhere during the jaunty beta period pulseaudio installed itself against my wishes. I uninstalled it and things have gone back to normal.

Comment

Working...
          X