This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Apps

How would I add KDE-Apps to the repositories list?

I am aware that some apps may not be well written or fully tested; however, I am willing to take the risk in an experimental environment.
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: KDE Apps

KDE-Apps.org is part of the openDesktop.org > FAQ

If there is a repository or binaries available then the developer/maintainer has a note of it.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I've just removed (and trashed) 9.04:
      no more applications like kscope, kdbg... and also a lot of old (but good) programs are gone.
      (well I would know who has decided to completely remove them from repositories...)

I must go back to 8.10 in the meantime, but I'll need to look around for a different linux distro...

I'm not happy for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
        KDE-Apps.org is part of the openDesktop.org > FAQ

If there is a repository or binaries available then the developer/maintainer has a note of it.
        Thanks!
        The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

About KDE-Apps.org

Example:

> Back In Time
          has a link: Ubuntu (Ubuntu packages / repository)

It is a link to the: http://backintime.le-web.org/download_page/

and there is:
          Ubuntu repository

This repository is for Ubuntu Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty.

You need to add the following line to your apt sources file (/etc/apt/sources.list)

deb http://le-web.org/repository stable main

About repositories

> FAQ: Repositories

and there is a link > Repositories Kubuntu
          This page describes how to manage software repositories in Kubuntu releases
          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Rog131 ... Many thanks for the info. I enjoy reading your responses which are always pertinent and extremely helpful to the novice as well as the more experienced.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X