X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power management problems [solved]

Hi,

The default settings for power-management were to suspend the laptop to ram after 15 mins. I changed a few profile settings then changed back to defaults, now even the screen saver (blank screen) has stopped working and no suspend at all?

How do you restart this, or refresh it's configuration?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the replies. I had played about with the power-management settings and nothing seemed to get the screen saver working. It was set as the blank screen saver but it never worked even after resetting it a few times.

I just compromised and set the 'performance' profile in system-settings >> advanced >> power-management to lock the screen after 30 mins-it works and sort of doubles as a blank screen saver.

Re: power management problems

Click on your battery indicator on the taskbar and a "Power Management" window opens.

In the window there are various options, including "more" at the bottom right with a light bulb to its left.

Click that and you get a bigger window with general settings, edit profiles, capabilities on the left

Under general settings, there are two tabs; settings and profiles (general settings and profile assignments)
    and advanced battery settings. Choose profile assignments and choose the settings you want for AC, battery, low battery and critical battery.

Have a look at everything there and choose to suit your needs. If something doesn't work well, you can change it.
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Working...
    X