kwrite isn't working !!!

Code:
    root@DeltaCore:/home/westony# kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
    No protocol specified
    kwrite: cannot connect to X server :0.0
    root@DeltaCore:/home/westony#
    can some1 help me ?

Re: kwrite isn't working !!!

As root, you can't open a graphical display directly...

Try

Code:
    kdesudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list

Comment

It does work for me with

sudo kwrite

kdesudo kwrite

sudo bash
      kwrite

sudo -s
      kwrite

sudo -i
      kwrite

sudo su
      kwrite

Comment

KdeSudo is a sudo frontend for KDE originaly developed by Robert Gruber, and now maintained by Kubuntu developers.KdeSudo acts like a wrapper for sudo commands, and therefore, supports all "sudoers" file options. It is command line compatible with KdeSu, and can replace it simply with linking /usr/bin/kdesu to /usr/bin/kdesudo (KDE3 version) or ${kde4_path}/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu to ${kde4_path}/bin/kdesudo. (http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=72106)

Although I have not experienced it, I have heard of others having permissions problems after using sudo. Why tempt the Gods;just use Kdesudo.
        Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

I don't like kdesudo as much as plain sudo because kdesudo doesn't preserve my environment (home directory, aliases, places/bookmarks, other settings...)...

Comment

You're just trying to edit a file, correct? I don't think Kdesudo will mess with your settings/preferences if you're just using it for kwrite.

Alternatively, you could use ordinary sudo with a terminal-based editor, like pico or vi.

Comment

Sure, it's not a problem if you're just doing some quick conf file editing. But if you want to do some file management, it helps to have your bookmarks and configuration around... or, for a "privileged" terminal session, your usual prompt and shell aliases. So it'd be nice if kdesudo had an option for that.

Comment

tnx not is working

Comment

Working...
                X