This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog application for cd collection

I am trying to find a catalog application for my music CD collection that will work under Kubuntu. I have tried DataCrow, CDNavigator, Gnome Catalog, etc.... I cannot seem to find one that will work, none of them will read a CD. If anyone has ever had any luck with this type of application PLEASE reply...
    thanks.
    Desktop<br />MSI K9A2 Platinum AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3.3Ghz&nbsp; 8GB DDR2 1066&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />2x Sapphire Radeon 4850 1GB GDDR3<br />WD 320GB SATA2&nbsp;&nbsp; Maxtor 1TB SATA2<br /><br /><br />Laptop<br />Acer Aspire 5100&nbsp; AMD Turion x2 TL60 2Ghz&nbsp; 4GB DDR2 667<br />ATI M200 Express 1100&nbsp;&nbsp; Fujitsu 320GB Sata2

Re: Catalog application for cd collection

never used it, so don't know if it does exactly what you need/want,
    but tellico could be what you're looking for...

Tellico is a collection manager for KDE. It includes default collections for
    books, bibliographies, comic books, videos, music, coins, stamps, trading
    cards, and wines, and also allows custom collections; with unlimited
    user-defined fields allowed. Automatically formatted names, sorting by any
    property, filters, automatic ISBN validation and full customization for
    printing or display through XSLT files are some of the features present. It
    can import CSV, RIS, BibTeX, and BibTeXML files; and export CSV, HTML, BibTeX,
    BibTeXML, and PilotDB. Tellico can also import data from Amazon, IMDb, CDDB,
    or any US-MARC compliant z39.50 server.

The files are stored in XML format, avoiding the need for database server.
    It also makes it easy for other softwares to use the Tellico data.
    hth
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Ideally, I would like the app to scan the CD's and capture the information. I have ~ 400 CD's, and don't want to spend the rest of my life typing it all in by hand...
      Desktop<br />MSI K9A2 Platinum AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3.3Ghz&nbsp; 8GB DDR2 1066&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />2x Sapphire Radeon 4850 1GB GDDR3<br />WD 320GB SATA2&nbsp;&nbsp; Maxtor 1TB SATA2<br /><br /><br />Laptop<br />Acer Aspire 5100&nbsp; AMD Turion x2 TL60 2Ghz&nbsp; 4GB DDR2 667<br />ATI M200 Express 1100&nbsp;&nbsp; Fujitsu 320GB Sata2

Comment

I used to use WhereIsIt on Windows for many years. When I changed to Kubuntu64bit a few years ago I had the same problem.

After much searching I found GWhere - a program that will read your disks, list files on the disks and build a searchable catalog.

If you have used WhereIsIt - you will find GWhere very similar - works for my 3,642 CD's, DVD's.

Give it a try even though it hasn't been updated in a long time, it is usable.

Comment

Installed GWhere, but have the same problem as I do with every other catalog application. Non of them will read a cd. Media applications such as mplayer, kaffine, vlc,... all with play an audio cd but I cannot get any catalog apps to even find the drive, much less read from it...

Comment

Working...
          X