• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] default document path problem

Hi,

if I modify

System Settings -> About me -> Paths -> "Document path"

it uses my value for the current session, but it it does not store my modifications and when I restart it always use the its default ($home/documents).

It is a bug? how can I make my changes permanent? what is the file to modify without the graphical interface?

Thanks,
    g.
    ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Re: default document path problem

I think that all these problems of no preferences being saved must point to a disk permissions problem. Somehow your changes are not being written to the appropriate files.

Comment

do you know also what exactly is the file to change?

the simplest way is to modify it via konsole with a sudo command

best
      g.
      ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Comment

I don't know which specific file that parameter is stored in, but since you seem to be having this problem with many KDE apps it almost certainly involves ~/.kde or ~.

Comment

thanks, I was not able to find it...

g.

Comment

Maybe it is "XDG Home Dirs spec". Earlier > XDG Home Dirs

There is ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs and it has
            Code:
            XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="$HOME/Documents"
            Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

that's it! thanks.

however, I have also searched the default path for the specific kfind application but, again, I have not find it...

best,
              g.

Comment

Working...
              X