This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after upgrading from 8.10 to 9.04 amarok (2.02) and dragonplayer won't play

files with spaces embedded in either the name or the path. The upgrade removed amarok 1.4 and replaced it by 2.0.2. It doesnt seem to be a matter of the sound system because they will play any format they used to play before the upgrade as long as I said theres no spaces in the names. Characters like parenthesis, brackets, undescores, hypens, etc are ok, as well as central european characters. It doesnt seem to be a problem with tags either because some of those files that are being played have tags with chinese and or central european characters. The same music collection (on an ntfs volumen) is being used from an opensuse partition which had amarok 2 installed from the beginning without a problem, same as with amarok 1.x on this kubuntu partition. I tried to play the files from the command line, with or without quotation marks but theyre jut not recognized.. The collection is scanned perfectly by amarok. I already deleted the ~/kde/share....amarok directory. Adept says nothings broken, etc etc. When I play the same files from, lets say, dolphin mplayer or xine will just play them as theyre supposed to. Did anybody stumble upon something like this before??

thank you in adv.
    Blow out the candles on all my frankensteins.
Working...
X