This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4.2.2 Weird problem

In making regular backups, I make copies of $.mozilla and $.mozilla-thunderbird using tar -cvf /mnt/backup.tar $.mozilla

When installing a new distro, or a fresh install of a new Kubuntu version, it is easy to recover the backups with tar -xvf /mnt/backup.tar

As you say, you don't need a lot of the stuff in /home and there are advantages and costs with the various methods. My backups are on an encrypted external drive, mounted with
    sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb backup
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      you can always copy those folders to the data partiton and simlink them just like your /home/Pictures or /home/Documents
      Okay, but I like things clean - no extra baggage hanging about.

If I symlink after installation, then I have the folders and files that the installation put there. How to do such that the installation stuff doesn't get put there?

Comment

that should be solved by making the simlinks before installing the programs.. or if there installed then just before you make the simlink empty the folder... (i do this w/ mounts so i require a folder, but for a simlink i think you want to delete the folder first)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X