Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I show some debug info for kbluetooth4 or obexftp ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I show some debug info for kbluetooth4 or obexftp ?

Good afternoon,

I have a problem with bluetooth in 9.04, and I would like to get some debug output from kbluetooth4 to troubleshoot it.
    Problem:
    sending a .jar file with kbluetooth4 to a Windows Mobile device does not work.
    There is no error message, no log in dmesg, /var/syslog, no indication whatsoever.
    After right clicking on the Bluetooth icon, selecting Send File, browsing to the file, selecting the phone and confirming, nothing happens.

I have a similar issue if I use obexftp -b <bluetooth device> -p <filename>; using the -v (verbose) switch does also not help.
    It does not seem to make a difference if the Bluetooth setting on the Windows Mobile phone requires a password authentication or not.

The bluetooth adapter itself is working, I can send .jar files to Nokia phones, for example, and when I had 8.04 / kde 4.1 on the same hardware I had no problems sending .jar files to Windows Mobile, Nokia, or any other type of phones.

Before doing a full 9.04 install I made a copy of my /etc directory for reference, and I noticed that hcid.conf was missing; I copied the 8.04 hcid.conf in /etc/bluetooth but that does not help either.

I suspect that there is some general BT authentication difference in 9.04, but until I can get some debug output I am just poking in the dark. I tried to set the VERBOSE env variable to yes, true, 1 then restarting /etc/init.d/bluetooth but that does not show anything interesting either.

Any debug tip?

thanks
    Ivan

Re: Can I show some debug info for kbluetooth4 or obexftp ?

I have similar problem with my Palm TX handheld. Usually it looks like this - connection is initiated and then abruptly stops. No error messages on console or otherwise. I believe it must be something connected to protocol implementation. It looks like my handheld is waiting for authorization and does not receive proper response in time. Obexftp fails just like in your case. I had no problem with file transfer to my Motorola phone.

At any rate the problem is hidden somewhere deep, doesn't affect too many users and I would not expect solution any time soon. My advice - use Gnome bluetooth applet. Works like charm.

Comment

Originally posted by mfabry
      My advice - use Gnome bluetooth applet. Works like charm.
      Thanks, bluetooth-applet works well indeed.
      If a dev happens to read this thread: I'd still like to get some debug info and help to fix the problem.

I am missing the 8.04 kbtobexclient, it was very practical to use. Ah well, progress

Comment

We may always file a new bug report.

Comment

My Bluetooth manager on 9.04 reports a crash every time I resume my laptop from suspend, but when I look at supplying a bug report the crash window says there are no details available for me to report! Bother.

Comment

Working...
          X