This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick launcher for SSH

I yearn for a quick way to launch one of many ssh sessions in a konsole. Something like sshmenu-gnome is for GNOME.

Does such a beast exist? Searching the package repos doesn't seem to help. Neither does googling for related plasmoids.

Clues gratefully accepted.

Tony

Re: A quick launcher for SSH

There is a program in the reoo's called clusterssh. I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it is a good utility.

David

Comment

I usually put an alias into my .bashrc - http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100198.0
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

It is called a profile. Open konsole and select Settings->Manage Profiles
        Select New
        Give it a name, I use the hostname
        command is ssh hostname with your favorite options, I usually use -Y
        Select the option to konsole that you want.
        Assign hotkeys if you want.
        Apply and save till your out and it should show up under file.
        Now if you want to you can use roght click on K-> menu editor to create a menu item that runs
        konsole --profile name

This works well with keychain.

Comment

Originally posted by spotslayer
          There is a program in the reoo's called clusterssh. I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it is a good utility.

David
          Thanks David. I tried it and found it a bit lacking. Thanks for the pointer though

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
            It is called a profile.
            mando_hacker, thanks. This is pretty good. It's main limitation is that I can't have submenus in a list of profiles. But I can manage this with submenus in the KDE menu where I can add in launchers for the profile.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X