This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAVA not working properly

I've installed JAUNTY and everything seems to be working ok (until now), however, JAVA is not working right, I've installed the version of JAVA using Adept and even manually from the JAVA website, still, JAVA doesn't work, what happens is that when a JAVA app starts to run, it hangs and nothing happens, even rebooting doesn't solve the problem and if it works, it does it only once.

I'm using Konkeror BTW.

Re: JAVA not working properly

I don't think I've ever seen a working Java applet in Konqueror in the first place. Getting blank rectangles that say "Loading Applet", then variably coloured "holes in the browser" (window background colour, white, black...) -- sometimes half an applet is visible.

Works with Opera & Firefox

Comment

Follow the #9 link in the "Top 20 FAQs" in my signature.

FYI, Java is working correctly in Firefox for me -- I cannot testify about Konqueror and Java.

Comment

I'll try your suggestion and let you know, thanks for the tip.

I like Konqueror, JAVA works flawlessly on Hardy, so it should too on Jaunty.

Comment

Java support in Konqueror is weak. If you are lucky enough to get Konqueror to launch the Java console we might be able to diagnose the problem. I enabled the Java console on my distribution and Konqueror will not launch it. No problems with Java in Firefox but support in Konqueror is spotty. Some applets work and some fail to start properly. I'm using Sun 1.6.0_13 on my system. If you are a heavy user of Java applets I'd stick with Firefox.
          linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Well, it seems that Java support on Jaunty (Konqueror) is broken, I've tried all the suggestions and still is not working, Firefox?, no thank you, I'll pass.

Hardy Heron, is still the KING!!!

Comment

Working...
            X