This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No updates since upgrade to release candidate

I upgraded to the release candidate version of 9.04 just about a week ago. Is it normal that I'm not getting any updates now that the actual release is out? I'm a little worried that my update manager might not be working (I tried to force an upgrade with alt-f2 but it didn't give me any updates either, so perhaps there just weren't any).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, folks.

Re: No updates since upgrade to release candidate

I got no updates for 3 days before the release, and then on the 23rd I got 24 upgrades from the proposed and update repositories. Nothing since.

Comment

I Have the same problem. See my post below: "Software update notifier not working"

Comment

As the RC pretty much became the final, and there was a freeze before the final release, the fact that there were no updates for you on Release Day is quite normal.

Comment

I've seen this during just about any revision upgrade.
          Things have been properly sorted and the boys take a few days off to see the reactions and reflect.

And I can't blame them, especially in this case we received a very nice distribution!

Comment

Yeah, the developers get props for their work on Kubuntu 9.04. I think it's the best desktop distribution of Linux available right now if you prefer KDE. I was holding out for a polished KDE 4 distribution before switching from a KDE 3.5 Gentoo build.
            linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Working...
            X