This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox - Backspace key

OK, so this is a small thing, but I hate that in the Linux version of firefox you have to press 'CTRL+[' to go back a page...I like using the windows version better, which just uses the 'Backspace' key.

So, I found out how to change the default behavior, and thought I would pass it on just in case anyone else wants it...

If you enter 'about:config' in the firefox address bar, and click the "I'll be careful, I promis button", and type 'backspace' in the filter box, it will bring up 'browser.backspace_action'. Change the associated value to '0'. Now the backspace key will go back a page.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Firefox - Backspace key

Thank you so much - that's a really useful tip. I've come to Kubuntu from being a 100% Apple user, and I'm so used to Safari's Backspace == page back feature I was going nuts. This will save my sanity!

Comment

Working...
    X