This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screen resolutions and Interface elements

I am wondering what people do when they run the higher resolutions. Do they go through all the settings to fix the small text and icons or is they a way to basically scale everything up? I have always turned down my resolution to 1024x768 so I don't have to dink around trying to find all the settings.
    FKA: tanderson

Re: screen resolutions and Interface elements

I think it relates mainly to the physical size of your monitor. I run my big Samsung 1100 CRT at 1600x1200, and it looks fine.

The secondary thing you can play with is the default dpi setting. The "standard" is 96dpi, but all fonts in all resolutions don't necessarily look their best at 96dpi, so you might find a better result at a higher setting, if your graphics chip and monitor combination support it.

Comment

Re: screen resolutions and Interface elements

thanks, I will look into dpi, but this will only apply to fonts correct? This question arose from loading jaunty on my fathers setup. After I got the nvidia driver going, it defaulted to something like 1900 x "something" and the refresh rate seemed good. He has a 21" monitor and of course everything was too small. The easiest thing to do is just change it back to 1024 x 768, but I am wondering about high def video. isn't the picture quality going to be constrained by the system resolution and therefore I would like to keep the resolution as high as I can with a descent refresh rate?
      FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
      X