This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring default panel

I have deleted/removed the default panel at the bottom of the screen in Kubuntu 9.04.

Is it possible to restore it or will I have to create new one and build the panel up with widgets?

Re: Restoring default panel

Sort of restore

> Plasma FAQ 4.2(What, How, ...):
    Plasma is one of the key technologies of KDE 4 (also known as the "Pillars of KDE"), and one of the most visible to users. As Plasma treats the user interface differently than a traditional desktop, there may be confusion as to what Plasma is, what it does, and how to perform common tasks.

This document attempts to address these problems by providing answers to the most common questions...

My panel is gone, how do I get it back?

kquitapp plasma; rm $KDEHOME/share/config/plasma-appletsrc; plasma

This deletes your plasma settings, so you'll get the default configuration back. If running all the 3 commands at once doesn't work, try typing them in manually and wait a few seconds before running the next command.

(Note that the $KDEHOME environment variable may not be set. Try ~/.kde (Fedora, Kubuntu Intrepid, Debian, upstream default) or ~/.kde4 (OpenSUSE, Kubuntu Hardy and several others).)
    Note !
    Renaming/removing plasma-appletsrc will reset all plasmoids to the default !

=>

Press Alt+ F2 type konsole; konsole/terminal pops up.

At the konsole, stopping plasma desktop:
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma

a) renaming plasma-appletsrc
    Code:
    mv ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc_backup
    b) or removing plasma-appletsrc
    Code:
    rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
    c) Applications that are not using plasma system will start with: Alt+F2: application name. Use your file manager (dolphin/konqueror - show hidden files) and go to the ~/.kde/share/config/. Rename/remove the plasma-appletsrc.

Note !
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc is same as /home/<YOUR_USERNAME_HERE>/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc

Restart the plasma desktop
    Code:
    plasma
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Restoring default panel

rog131,

Thank you for the reply and the information. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
      X