This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Disable Display Power Management

I'm running the Kubuntu 9.04 Beta 64 bit version with an nvidia GeForce 7600 GT (pci express) and nvidia driver version180.37 and I'm having trouble keeping the monitor from going into power saving mode. This becomes a problem when watching shows on Hulu as I have to wiggle the mouse once in awhile.

I've gone to system settings>desktop>screensaver and the screensaver is disabled. I've also gone to system settings>display>power and unchecked "Enable display power management". And, I've checked system>settings>Advanced tab>Power Management and unchecked "Let PowerDevil manage screen powersaving". I also checked the nvidia-settings program but didn't see anything about power saving there. And I checked my monitor settings using the buttons on the front of my monitor (Dell M992 CRT) and didn't see any power saving options there.

What else can I be missing? I could be wrong, but before I installed kubuntu I was running OpenGEU and I don't think the display kept going blank on me. Any ideas?

Re: Disable Display Power Management

Install nvidia-settings and open K->Applications->System->Nvidia
    Select nvidia-settings configuration and look at Power Mizer Monitor. I expect that unchecking it might help you.

Comment

Re: Disable Display Power Management

Thanks mando_hacker. I did check nvidia-settings before but I seem to have missed the powermizer option there. I unchecked it and so far so good. I don't really know how long it took for the monitor to go blank before, so the real test will be next time I watch a show on hulu. If I still have problems after that I'll update. And if it does work I'll come back and add solved to the subject

EDIT:

Unchecking the PowerMizer option wasn't THE thing that helped. The screen still went blank even after rebooting to make sure. It probably helped in the long run, but I had to do something else to keep the screen from blanking out.

I had to go to System Settings>Display>Power Control. I then had to check "Enable display power management" and change all three fields to Disabled.

That's right; I had to TURN ON display power management so I could disable it. Weird

Comment

Working...
      X