X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System tray did not start on upgrade to 9.04

Hi all,

I decided to be daring last night and attempt the upgrade to Jaunty.

It just made it. I have managed to get the programs I need to open using the run command, but the system tray won't start. Is there a way I can do this manually?

I have decided to stick with Jaunty because I think it looks quite good and has potential. It was a little disappointing to see it not work straight away, but on the other hand good things do not come from the wrong attitude.

If someone can help me with this it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Re: System tray did not start on upgrade to 9.04

Try (re)adding the "Notification Area" (system tray) plasma widget to your panel.
    (Unlock widgets>Right-click on panel>Add widgets>Notification Area)

Comment

Nice.

That at least got it going.

Ta for that.

Comment

I have a further question of that's okay.

How do you get the panel to catch the applications when you minimise them? I try to minimise something and it just seem to disappear.

Is there a good tutorial available on how to customise the plasma desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by javathecat
          How do you get the panel to catch the applications when you minimise them? I try to minimise something and it just seem to disappear.
          You are probably missing the "Task Manager" widget...you can add it the same way as the notification area.

And to answer your next question, you can rearrange widgets in the panel by opening the panel configuration bar (Unlock widgets>right-click on panel>configure panel). While the bar is open, you can drag-and-drop widgets to arrange them to your liking.

Is there a good tutorial available on how to customise the plasma desktop?
          You can start with the plasma handbook that is available in khelpcenter ("Help" in kmenu).

Comment

Thanks for that once again.

The plasma handbook should have been obvious. However, sometimes that is not enough.

I take back what I said. Now that I have it working I think that Jaunty is a pretty slick environment.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X