This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notify-osd for kubuntu 9.04

Can we install the new ubuntu notification system notify-osd in kubuntu. We will have any problems? Thank you for answers

Re: notify-osd for kubuntu 9.04

I am not sure. May I ask why do you want to install it when KDE has it's own notification system that is just as good if not more polished than the one in Ubuntu?

Comment

I am not sure but the notify-osd works with every programme like thunderbird, amarok, amsn etc..

Comment

I think there were plans to bring notify-osd to kde/kubuntu as an option, but I don't think it's implemented yet.

I prefer the kde notifications, but to each their own :P

Comment

Hello, I found this thread while looking for an answer to whether or not kubuntu is going to let kde notifications behave the same way the new ubuntu notifications do (e.g. click-through, non-interactive, etc.) I really like that approach and to my mind the guys from ubuntu have given it a lot of thought.
          The way the kde notifications are right now seems a little ... clumsy. For instance file transfer showing as a notification is perfectly fine, but I for one like to see when the progress finished instead of hiding the window after some time, requiring an extra click to get it back.
          Also chat messages, email and calendar notifications and all the stuff that wants to tell the user something - all very nice but I like to have space on my desktop and the notification windows block quite much of it (where the click-through behaviour comes to mind). Small but meaningful should be the motto.
          I hope the right people see this and give it some thought...

Comment

Working...
          X