This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small request...

I have a small request for final version, and its about window management. I hope that developers are browsing these boards.
    I have a problem with windows, they don't seem to remember (save) the window size and position when I close them and then reopen, this bugs me quite a lot, and I have not found an easy fix to this, so I would like to see (in final 9.04) that windows appear exactly as I have left them before closing them (like in XP or Vista or 7). They seem to bee optimized for low resolutions, so icons and browser window are too small for my resolution at initial opening and then I have to resize and set up the size and icons for my liking. I know there are view options for icon views, but im talking about the whole windows.
    im sick of clicking maximize on Konqueror on every start.

Re: A small request...

This is working here (and with the KDE 3.5):

> Topic: Dolphin doesn't save manually rezised window after exiting
    > Topic: Window sizes and positions not being saved
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thnx, this will do, unusual way, but it works like a charm...

Comment

Seems like this should be the default behavior. I'm thinking 90% of users will expect their window sizes to be set the same way later after resizing (or maximizing). It's good to have options if you don't like it but this way feels more natural and should be default.

Comment

Working...
        X