This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox acting up after update.

After the latest update I'm having a problem with Firefox that I've never seen before. After closing Firefox & try to re-open late in the session, I get an error that says another Firefox instance is still running & must be closed before opening a new one. The only way I can fix without logging out is to open System/System Monitor & kill Firefox.
    Anyone else?

Re: Firefox acting up after update.

Yes, I have exactly the same problem.

Does anyone have a better solution than to kill Firefox manually every time before starting FF again?

It's a nuisance.

Comment

Are we the only two with this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by PJJ
        Are we the only two with this problem?
        Still acting up for me so I guess it's just us! I noticed it starts automatically on boot, too.

Comment

No, I've been getting the same problem, so I don't think it's just the two of you.

Cheers,
          zenarcher
          Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

I've updated to KDE4.2.1 and have the latest FF3 running.

When I close FF3 it seems to close OK. At least the GUI portion does. But, later on, while I am doing something else, a crash dialog pops up, saying that FF3 has crashed. Or, if I open an app that uses FF3 to "call home" the FF3 crash dialog is immediately invoked.

It's an obvious bug. Perhaps the FF3 code fails to delete one or more of oop objects during the close event?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I have the same problem!

It doesn't leave the firefox process running every time, but maybe about 50% of the time. That makes me wonder if it could be something like visiting a site that has Flash (or some specific plugin) that keeps the process running after closing the GUI. I'll check it out more later this evening and post if I learn anything.

Comment

me too..sorry did not see this before

I get the error that it is still running which I sort by killing it (ctrl esc then select firefox and kill) but not all the time

I also get on reboot the crash handler error also but again ...not all the time...could be java/flash i guess

Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Still acting up after todays updates.

Comment

Still doing the same for me too.

And, by the way, once every while FF closes unexpectedly.

If I close it on purpose because I am done, it sometimes reports that "FF closed unexpectedly".
                    Go figure.

Comment

I've found that if I use a different GTK style this problem dissapears.

System Settings- Appearance- GTK styles and fonts- Use another Style- (I use "Human"- which is gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks).

Most GTK styles apart from Crux seem to be problem free.
                      Kubuntu 12.04 Precise, Asus P8Z68-V PRO, Intel Core i5 2500K, Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 8 GB, OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB, Sapphire Radeon HD 6950.

Comment

Same issue here //EOM//

Just to confirm: I have the same issue.

Comment

Yeah... I've seen this one a couple of times myself, recently. I usually don't close FF... so it hadn't happened enough for me to start investigating.
                          Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

I Just instaslled Jaunty 9.04 RC and having the same problem with Firefox.

By the way When I did a search on firefox none of these posts appeared.

Comment

Nope I am having all of the above problems also.They started with the latest firefox update while I was still using the Hardy Heron,just happening way more often now with the Jaunty.Also have sites telling me both in ff and in konquerer browser that i have no java installed or enabled and yet they are.So cant load anything on those sites.Sun java says i do not have latest update although i do.Any Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X