This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez!

Now THAT was an update/upgrade. I like it, I just rebooted so I don't know what got broke or fixed but I like the big ones!! ;o)
    Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Re: Geez!

I daftly enough wiped my pc and then ( as I have nothing to lose and all my data is backed up) installed the alpha for jaunty a while ago and it does have big updates and upgrades I must say and I keep thinking ..oh god I hope it restarts...and it always does ( so far)
    Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

I know ... It's a real kick in the pants when she fires back up. Kinda like when I ride, if it weren't for the bugs I'd have a big arsed smile on my face!
      Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was &#39;one of life&#39;s most liberating experiences.&#39;&nbsp; Vic Hayes

Comment

After installing Kubuntu 9.04 beta5 and immediately upgrading to KDE 4.2.1, then doing two or three updates, the last being just a few minutes ago (6:15PM CST), I have encountered the ".ICEauthority" problem twice.

It shows itself when, on rebooting, KDE fails to create a desktop. It hangs with the globe showing for a while, before it crashes. At that hang, if I break open a konsole and check .~.ICEauthority I find that it has changed ownership from me to root. When I stop kdm,
        Code:
        sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop
        chown'd .ICEauthority to me,
        Code:
        sudo chown jerry:jerry .ICEauthority
        and restarted kdm
        Code:
        sudo /etc/init.d/kdm start
        the desktop appears as it should and things work fine.

Both of these occasions were associated with a kernel upgrade requiring a reboot.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X