This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Firefox from automatically starting

Hi, upon startup Firefox always starts up even though I closed it before I reboot/shut down. Does anyone know how to prevent it from automatically starting up? I checked the .Kde startup folder and there is not anything there that pertains to Firefox. Is there any other options I missed? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Stop Firefox from automatically starting

Before you shut down, go to sysguard with CTRL-ESC, and make sure there are no firefox processes running. I had problems with "zombie" firefox processes that continued running after ff was shut down, and on restart this will bring up firefox automatically.

If that doesn't help, then when you log in, go to the menu button on the login screen, and choose the option for a new kde session. That should prevent anything running in your old session from starting back up.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Re: Stop Firefox from automatically starting

hi
      I have the same problem. And if I close the firefox and try to reopen it shows a message saying "there is a instance of firefox still working, close it first or reboot you system". Looks like a bug!

Comment

Working...
      X