Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reset/restore a working set of khotkeys in Jaunty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reset/restore a working set of khotkeys in Jaunty?

I have a lot of duplicates in khotkeys. One of them is print and no matter how I go about reassigning it, I may get it to work for a session but it is never persistent. maybe, having so many duplicates may have something to do with it? I tried getting rid of the configuration for it *but* that doesn't solve the problem. How do I reset it and/or how do I get it back into a working and a persistent state?

Re: How to reset/restore a working set of khotkeys in Jaunty?

Have you tried the renaming of ~/.kde/share/config/khotkeysrc ? Maybe when the KDE is not running ?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

No matter what I try to do to that file inside KDE or outside with KDM stopped, those duplicates will forever stay there. I searched google upside down for resetting/restoring them and I must be an idiot. Those hot keys just aren't going anywhere

I never realized how many times I use the print key until this :/

PS. I made an attachment. What in the world do I have to do to fix this?
      Attached Files

Comment

I finally fixed it. I couldn't do it while in KDE so this is what I did. I logged out of KDE and pressed Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to a terminal. I then ran these commands.
        Code:
        sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop
        cp ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc__backup
        mv ~/.kde/share/config/khotkeysrc ~/.kde/share/config/khotkeysrc__backup
        vim ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc
        # At this point, I simply removed [khotkeys] and all of its directives, saved and exit
        sudo /etc/init.d/kdm start
        Once I logged back in, I had no khotkeys listed in systemsettings > keyboard & mouse. I went straight to kmenuedit > graphics > ksnapshot and gave it a keyboard shortcut of "Print". I saved and exited the menu editor and went back to systemsettings > keyboard & mouse. Its the only entry listed for khotkeys (no duplicates!). I logged out of KDE and back in again. khotkeys is consistent and the shortcuts are persistent. excellent.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X