This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network can't connect[SOLVED]

Hi! I just installed jaunty on my external HDD. I have a wired connection and accordingly put the proper addresses in the fields. Saved it and still it says auto eth0 connection failed.
    Logged out, rebooted and still the same issue. It starts by saying "Settings network addresses" and afterawhile same error "connection to network failed". Please help! My network works through Arch and windows installed in my internal HDDs.

Re: Network can't connect

See this howto by Detonate http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0

generally, the problem with wired connections where you need to specify an address in nm
    removal of nm and installation of wicd instead usually solves the problem

HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc
      See this howto by Detonate http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0

generally, the problem with wired connections where you need to specify an address in nm
      removal of nm and installation of wicd instead usually solves the problem

Hi! Thanks for replying. But I don't have any resolv.conf file in /etc, I have a folder named /etc/resolvconf which has update-libc.d

Now what do I do?

Comment

I you are using DHCP, the resolv.conf file will be automatically created when you connect. If you are using a static IP, then you need to create the /etc/resolv.conf file.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
          I you are using DHCP, the resolv.conf file will be automatically created when you connect. If you are using a static IP, then you need to create the /etc/resolv.conf file.
          Thnx I'll check it now and edit my post if it works. Thnx again.

Comment

Working...
          X