Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get Belkin F5D8055 (Driver rt2870) to work!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Belkin F5D8055 (Driver rt2870) to work!!!!

I've tried downloading the driver off Ralink's website (RT2870) and followed the instructions it came with and no luck. I can't show the instructions because Windows 7 can't open the tgz file that the readme is in. If you need t oknow what it says I can copy it and post it. The driver can also be downloaded here if anyone wants to take a look http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...ort/Linux.html its the driver named "RT2870USB(RT2870/RT2770) RT2870WebUI."

I've also tried a modified version of these instructions I foundhttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=960642
    These instructions are pretty similar to the instructions that came with the driver, some small differences. I can't download build-essential like it tells me too. I can't seem to find it on the disk.

I also tried using ndiswrapper and the xp driver that came on the cd. All no luck, and i'm getting very aggrevated I don't know wat i'm doing wrong, Ive followed all teh instructions perfectly. All help would be deaply appreciated, I've been working on this for nearly a month with no results at all. ARRGH!!!!

Re: Can't get Belkin F5D8055 (Driver rt2870) to work!!!!

I would first install synaptic, search for "build-", and install it. We need this sorted out for sure.

Comment

I tried to download Synaptics, but through the configuration it tells me that GNU gettext is required. So i went and installed it and retried and the same error came up again, so I went and downloaded it from a different website and retried again, and still the stupid error popped up. I retried installing both versions and had no luck. Uggh, im seriously thinking about just using my Windows 7 for everything. Stupid wireless

Comment

Can you please show the output of this?
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install synaptic
        Of course you should use Windows 7 if it makes you happy

Comment

Working...
        X