This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Manual specification of IP address

I recently got a machine migrated over to 9.04 and everything seems to work well. I prefer to manually assign my IP addresses (instead of using DHCP) so that I can predict them for NFS mounts and the like (this technique has been recommended to me in the past on this forum). The problem that I am having is that I can't find where to do that in the new network management tool. I can find the "Manual" option, but there doesn't seem to be a field to enter an IP address like there was in past versions that used KNetworkManager. The only thing present is a tool to enter DNS info, which doesn't really help much.

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Bill Lugg

Re: Manual specification of IP address

here i a topic for ur consideration it isnt the solution u asked but it would solve ur ip problem

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104290.0

Comment

I use wicd to assign static IP. It's far better than the default network manager. You can try wicd.
      Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

That link was just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for the help. So, how do we tell the development theam that they seem to have a deficiency in the chosen network management tool?

Bill Lugg

Comment

Re: [Solved] Manual specification of IP address

They've already been told, many times.

Comment

try this

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104277.0

Comment

Originally posted by luggw1
              That link was just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for the help. So, how do we tell the development theam that they seem to have a deficiency in the chosen network management tool?

Bill Lugg
              it would be nice to get a kubuntu developer here to visit the forum once a while. or for one of us to become a kubuntu dev....

Comment

so they dont check this forum
                why not there are tousends of topics here
                tons of problems they could solve for the next relese or at least know what the common user wants

Comment

they are apparently available on irc....i have not seen any kubuntu dev active here.

Comment

Working...
                  X