X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Solved] Not able to connect anymore

Originally posted by GreyGeek
    Just plug one end of the cable into your wireless ethernet socket and the other into your computer eth0 socket. Instant DHCP connection.
    Yes, this has been my experience in the last 8 years or so in at least three distros (Mandriva, Knoppix and Kubuntu). Not any longer in my home desktop connected to my DSL Westell 327W Modem/router. Both in my old desktop and my newly built desktop, Network manager has had many problems just with the wired connection, and I happily moved to wicd in both cases.

Network Manager does work beautifully on my eeepc. It integrates a lot more nicely to KDE4. And it has the architecture I'd like to see in Ubuntu apps: a desktop agnostic lib and KDE/Gnome/etc front ends. Of course this is mostly developed by good ol' RedHat.

Comment

does your dsl require some login info , have you added that info to your network manager?
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
        does your dsl require some login info , have you added that info to your network manager?
        Was that question for me? Mine doesn't, it's a standard DHCP lease. It works fine in wicd ... thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X